Cloud Systems Engineer – AWS
Are you someone who has the passion and technical ability to help organizations move to the cloud? Do you want to be part of one of the most significant IT transformational technologies of our time? Do you take pride in guiding a prospect through the ins and outs of this complex process– all the while advocating for the immense value your organization delivers? Join our team here at Pantek.com team and become a technical driver in helping companies transition to the public cloud / AWS.
This position will primarily focus on fulfilling an engineering role in project-based engagements with clients, focusing on deploying cloud environments based on agreed upon architecture, navigating clients through application integration phase, and taking clients to the finish line with go-live. Additionally, Cloud Systems Engineers participate in architecture design and reviews, sporadic pre-sales calls to fulfill subject matter expertise, and reviews of clients’ existing environments as part of a well-architected process.
The CSE is expected to be a thought leader and is thus highly knowledgeable about the technical aspects of our cloud services and the industry, which include:
- Cloud Computing on AWS
- Migrations to AWS
- Professional Services and Consulting engagements
- Managed Cloud Services
- IT Infrastructure projects
We provide assessments, builds, and management on AWS and have a strategic partnership with a “nearshore” world leader in cloud technologies so our available resources are formidable. You will have a critical role at what will be the leading provider of cloud professional services in New England.
What you’ll do
- Determine client requirements and provide solution design and technical descriptions.
- Work with our Managed Services team to provide smooth transition of client environments for ongoing management, which includes written environment documentation, updated diagrams and conducting internal handover sessions at completion of each project
- Develop and grow internal technical knowledge base on the entire cloud infrastructure stack, and present ongoing technical training to junior members of the team.
- Strong understanding of cloud technologies with an emphasis on AWS
- Significant experience in the design of distributed, high availability cloud computing infrastructures; AWS design, build and operational experience.
- Presentation and confidence to act as the technical authority during the consulting engagements – performing needs assessments, and making recommendations based on the discovered needs; working with a wide variety of stakeholders to gather needed information through to close
- Understanding and some experience with Professional Services and Consulting engagements
What We Look for
- Multiple AWS certifications, Professional-level certifications are preferred but not required
- You will be expected to develop a deep understanding of industry trends and competitive offerings
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Team player and good interpersonal skills is a must
- Well-organized and focused individual to deliver consistently and always on time
- High degree of confidence and poise
- Some travel to client onsite may be required
What’s in It for You?
- Opportunity to work on interesting and career building projects.
- Opportunities to both teach and learn as you interact with engineering staff.
- Chance to be a thought leader
- An attractive salary and bonus plan